Wednesday 2 July 2014

Way forward? Anyone?

How many of you remember this song? " ilu yi sumi, ewa funmi ni visa!" meaning ' I am fed up of this country please give me a visa!"


I remember laughing about the song back then. The young man was tired of Nigeria in mid 90s; that was the era of university strikes, light outs, unemployment took a catastrophic rise, corruption was on the rise, crime rate was really high!


I wonder what that young man would sing now!
He'll probably question God about making him a Nigerian at such a time as this!
Who wouldn't?


I mean, it's mentally exhausting!
As I type this, my astrocytes are exhausted.
How do we deal with the news of bomb blasts daily in a country that isn't at war?


Those that were maimed and injured from yesterday's blasts, in Maiduguri and Kaduna, probably didn't get adequate medical care.
I mean, doctors are on strike. So who's going to treat them? Let the JOHESU members go ahead and treat them abi?


I mean, who are the government sef? Where are they? What are they doing?



What's the use of rebasing our economy and being the largest economy in Africa If it has no effect on its people?


Abeg I don tire!!!

I am proudly Nigerian, and I believe in the GEMSTONE 2025 vision. But, Chai! I am beginning to wonder. If not for my faith, I would probably be singing that song!


I am tired of ranting. Tired of being angry. My fuse box is almost burnt out. My whole body aches!
Is it a crime to live in and love Nigeria?



I know this is a phase and it will pass,but please, what can we do to help our leaders?
What are we to do as followers? Cause it seems to me that our leaders are at a loss about a way forward! 


2 comments:

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too