Monday 21 July 2014

Ask!

Recently, I tried to dissemble my niece's baby cot. Armed with the screwdriver,  I got to work, and screw after screw, I got closer to my goal: to see this great masterpiece become pieces!  
Little did I know that the cot had its own plans.
After several attempts at unscrewing the last piece, I realised that I couldn't do this on my own. 
I had changed screwdrivers, tried using different knives, and almost used my teeth too! 
After sweating and groaning, I gave up on that screw and asked for help!
And alas, my mountain was surmounted! 


Who art thou mountain before Zerubabel? I asked!

Now here's my point.
Severally, we try to do a lot on our own and most times, we get results. But sometimes, we get to a point where we can't do it all by ourselves and have to ask for help.



Please, don't hesitate to do so.
Asking for help isn't a show of weakness, rather it's a show of strength, a show of security. 
You are secure enough to know that you aren't an island.
We all need each other. That's why we are in a community, that's why we we born into a family. 

Asking for help makes challenges easier to tackle. 
The worst that can happen is to be turned down. But you'll never know till you try. 

Dear friends, don't hesitate to ask for help this week. It could be from a friend, a boss, a subordinate or anyone else. 
You'll never know till you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too