Tuesday 29 July 2014

Victims turned Villains?

I have noticed a new trend in the attacks by Boko Haram, an extremely disturbing trend which seems to be a medium to pass a message to whoever cares to listen that BH is still undeterred . It appears to me that Boko Haram is sending this message out to the whole of Nigeria.


In less than 24 hours, Kano was rocked with at least 5 bomb attacks/attempts. Some were successful, some were not. But 3 out of these attacks were by female suicide bombers, young females; one of them was described by the police as being around the age of 16. And I, like many Nigerians have wondered if these girls aren't some of our Chibok sisters.


I mean, how long does it take to change a person's opinion? Let alone a child? 105 days is definitely a great length of time to change a person's ideology.

And what if these female bombers were given no choice? I mean, what choice do they have, if these girls are really some of the Chibok abduction victims?
To make a choice betw
een hoping to be rescued by the Nigerian armed forces or ending their misery by becoming suicide bombers?

I agree with the government that this is a different type of war, which is obviously beyond their capacity and capability to handle.



Out of curiosity ( and a poor knowledge of Nigeria's geography), I checked Nigeria's map just to see if Sambisa forest and Kano shared a border , and as I suspected, they don't. They have at least 2 other states in between them. If these are our Chibok sisters, then some, if not all of them are no longer in Sambisa; yet the government keeps reassuring us that they know where they are but can't use force to rescue them.
Who is fooling who?



I don't want to believe that these female suicide bombers are some of the Chibok girls, but the truth remains that they are still girls!

We keep campaigning each day "bring back our girls", but what if these girls have been transformed into potential terrorists? 
What if these victim have been turned into villains? 
Will our girls ever return?

I am at a loss for words. Adamawa had 3 separate attacks yesterday leaving over 50 people dead, Kano had 3 bomb attacks in the spate of 24 hours, Kaduna a few days ago! This madness has to stop.

Boko Haram obviously isn't on a leash, they are on a rampage! A crazy, killing spree and little girls ( who are probably victims themselves) have become a means to an evil end!

We are tired of the statements from the presidency, their hopefulness and our seeming helplessness.
What will it take to stop this rampage?
What is Nigeria doing wrongly?


Someone asked me yesterday if Nigeria can ever become better, and I responded in the affirmative.
Naija which way forward?

3 comments:

  1. Can I answer that? Naija can actually become better. And it will. We are in the process of reforms. Every meaningful and long lasting development most times come with a measure of casualty. People curse government whenever major projects are to be constructed. Like roads, industries etc. This is always because of the necessary demolition and other forms of inconveniences. On the contrary, after the completion of such project they applaud the same government. Hey, get me right, I'm not trying to justify the government's negligence of duty. I'm equally not comfortable with our system. But I'm only concern abt naija's future. And I have a responsibility to help a few Nigerians to see this future despite the present menace. So, in the meantime, lets hope for the best for our country.. (for VisionClub).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too