Wednesday 23 July 2014

#praybackourgirls

100 days and still counting. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to write today about our missing sisters, but alas here you are, reading yet again about them.

We can't get tired of talking about these girls. The international community has lost steam about them and they can't be blamed. It's high time Nigeria took care of her problems.


I wonder what every morning has been like for the families of these ladies since their abduction. I call them ladies cause in a few years, less than 5 years, that's who they'll be.


I imagine that their family devotions would be centered around their missing daughters, every opportunity to say a prayer would be harnessed towards the safe return of their missing sisters.
I don't think the immediate families of these girls 
will pray for them just once in a while when they come across the hash tag campaign or when they see the red movement at the Unity Fountain in Abuja. 
I believe that these girls will be paramount on their prayer points.
And I think that we all, the majority of well-meaning Nigerians should take this more seriously. 



We have been called the most prayerful people in Africa If not the world; so how come we haven't prayed these girls back?
I would suggest that our campaign be rebranded. If the government haven't heeded our#bringbackourgirls cry, I know that our Father in heaven will hear us as we #praybackourgirls.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer is always the first thing to be done... We are hoping for the best for these girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too