Tuesday 17 June 2014

State of Emergency my foot!

On the 13th of May 2013 when GEJ declared a state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, I assumed that at least the rampage of BH would be curtailed! 
Alas, as usual, the speech was just that! A speech. Nothing more.


In fact it seems that the speech spurred BH to do more evil! 
I don't need to recount all the damage BH has succeeded in orchestrating. The whole world knows about Chibok thanks to them.

I understand that a state of emergency is supposed to be a situation of national danger in which a government suspends normal constitutional procedures and applies martial law ( in our case the military) in order to regain control.

I believe that in a state of emergency, road blocks are supposed to abound, checkpoints at every nook and cranny , military raids, stop and searches, curfews and the likes. 


Abi? 
Pls feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

But if this is true, then how come after more than a year of being in a state of Emergency, we still hear of BH attacks in Borno almost every day? 
Yesterday, they killed about 20 people in a market not far from Chibok. And they got away with it as they always do. 
They walk in and out of  villages like land owners and tell the indigenes to provide a huge sum of money or be ready to be ravished.  And yet there is a state of emergency in Borno state.
Hmmm, like Mama Patience said, dearis God o!

Shouldn't Borno be a beehive of military and security officials by now ? 


I don't understand really! 

They say it's a State of Emergency, I call it a state of redundancy! 

3 comments:

  1. my dear hmm hmm, there is God o in everything we are doing,chai !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, GEJ has his ways of doing things... No president all over the world declares a state of emergency and still keep the seating governor of that state. It is a way of saying to the governor you are not capable to be the chief security officer of the state. But in the case of our good friend Bros. J he allowed the governors keep their pot of soup which is the state, they still get all the allowances including security votes with all reasons best known to our man from Bayelsa...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too