Saturday 28 June 2014

Enchanted Hallowed Chambers




When adults begin to act like children, then there might be a cause for alarm. 
If adults take up the ways of kids,  it won't be out of place to seek for wisdom in the mouth of babes.




The recent free for all fight amongst the Edo state law makers ( law breakers would be more befitting though) has made me wonder if there's a form of spell in the hallowed chambers that turn parents into toddlers.



Last year, it was Rivers state; where we all say the mace ( I learnt later that it was a fake one) turn to a weapon for skull cracking in the hands of a law breaker ( oops, I meant law maker.).




Few years ago, we witnessed several episodes of brawl at the Federal chambers ranging from exchange of words and fists to throwing of chairs and culminating in tearing of garments like barbarians.



Is it that once an argument ensues, our representatives can't restrain themselves? or that they do not understand what the word ' honourable' means? 
Honourable is what they are called right?  




I often put myself in the shoes of their children and wonder how i'll regard my father or mother after such a public show of shame.

"Your father! My father!, is it your father's house?"  Haba, even toddlers have stepped up their compendium of insults! No one refers to his opponents lineage as a form of insult in this day and age. Or so I thought.




If my hypothesis about a spell in the hallowed chamber is true, then I would advise that aspiring honourables should fully kit themselves with their full armour! Lest they also be bound by these spells and one day behave like their predecessors in this shameful act and then loose their public credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too