Monday 22 December 2014

Why, my soul, are you downcast?

Twice today I have been asked ' why are you downcast?" and twice I wondered what changed my countenance.  

I had a great weekend no doubt! Fun filled like I planned, and looked forward to activating my work mode. 

Unfortunately, I was greeted by the news of a recent video released by Boko Haram which showed them slaughtering 'infidels and non believers'. 
To add salt and pepper to my freshly bruised mood, I got to work hoping that JOHESU would have resuscitated the hospital which they paralysed, but alas, as it has been in the last 2 weeks, the JOHESU staff were available but doing nothing! 


They came to sign attendance yet they refused to retrieve medical records of patients, open consulting offices or give me something as simple as a sphygmomanometer to check my patient's blood pressure! 
Yet at the end of the month, they would expect to be paid afterall, they have evidence that they came to work! ( #no work no pay my foot!)




I soon realised that the state of the nation gave me little to be merry about in this merry season! But I refuse to let the state of the nation determine the state of my mind! Never!

Afterall, I am of the common wealth of Zion and I walk by faith and not by sight!  
Be not downcast my soul! Rejoice in the Lord and be glad! For He is thy shield and exceeding great reward! 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he satisfies my soul and crowns my year with His bounty! 




A thousand may fall by my right hand and ten thousand by my left, it shall not come near me!
Even in famine I shall be satisfied!  

I bask in his love, 
I receive his love daily, 
I am his pet and Nigeria can't change these truths!

So if like me, you find yourself feeling sad or down trodden, remind yourselves of the truths, don't let the devil steak the joy of this season and everyday from you! 


In the Words of King David :

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, 
For I will yet praise him,
My Savior and My God. 
(Psalms 42 : 5 and 11 ,and 43 :5)



2 comments:

  1. Indeed it's been a gloomy one,i didn't even feel like getting up from my bed today.
    As u said,its our choice to make,whose report do we believe. Whose truth are we living. We keep walking my faith and keep doing our part no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Amaka! Whose report will we believe? We shall believe the report of the Lord! And His report says this Christmas shall be very Merry!

      Delete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too