Tuesday 28 October 2014

Help Ijeomah live

I met her mum about this time last year. I didn't think we were going to keep in touch and become friends.
A few 'his and hellos' once in a while was our routine until I saw her dp and read about her daughter in the Punch news paper .



I met Ijeomah for the first time a few days ago and all I could do was brace up and pray for this young lady.
Having to go through at least 3 dialysis sessions every week is enough to sap energy and the will to live from anyone; but it isn't so with Ijeomah.
Even after her 37th dialysis session, she smiled and spoke with little strength; yet full of hope and aspirations!


I took solace in her contagious smile and decided to join her in this battle against death.
I decided to help her win her life back and assist her in becoming a doctor  as she hopes.


Ijeomah is presently in a battle with Renal Failure and needs a Kidney transplant to surmount this obstacle. 
My subsequent post will be to enlighten my readers about renal diseases; but today's post is about helping Ijeomah.


Ijeomah is 19years and was in S.S.1 until her recent crisis.
Thanks to her health challenge, she has lost some years in her education and can only hope to catch up when this sordid ordeal is over.


She's the only daughter of her single mum, Oby who is a Masters degree holder that recently relocated to Lagos to start a career in the corporate world after several years of teaching in Abuja
Please check the link below to read Ijeoma's interview with Punch newspaper.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/jebose-boulevard/i-want-to-live-teenage-girl-with-kidney-disease-cries-for-help/

To win this battle, Ijeomah needs a renal transplant ASAP!
A renal transplant in Nigeria costs about 10 Million Naira;
In India, it costs 7 Million Naira;
In USA, it costs 12 Million Naira;
In UK, it costs 12 Million Naira.


While waiting for her transplant, she has to undergo at least 3 sessions of dialysis per week and each costs an average of 40,000 naira.


Dear readers, please help me help Ijeomah
Let's help her win this battle against  renal disease and help realise her dream. 
For further details please contact me via email
ogunleyea.m@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too