Monday 6 October 2014

Hasta la vista dear Khaki!

A few months ago, I penned down my frustrations about wearing my Khaki every Thursday. In that memoir, I ranted about how annoying it was that every one on the street felt they could start a conversation with a corp member once they sight their Khaki.
A friend of mine read through it, and thanks to him I have a fresh outlook about wearing my khaki.
I sort of converted my khaki into an armour and face each day squarely.



As my Mandatory one year winds to a close, my opinion about my experience has shifted.
I have stopped getting angry at the gentleman that feels referring to my khaki is a cool pick up line. I have stopped dreading my weekly 180minutes journey to Bwari for my CDS. 
I have ceased shivering at the thought of going to work on a rainy day.


Yet I have to warn everyone ( especially guys); when you see a female corp member in her Khaki, the chances are that she has had a tiring day either dealing with NYSC officials ( who aren't exactly friendly people) or has spent her hours in a meeting where absolutely nothing was achieved. 
So please spare the poor babe the ordeal of having a conversation that could add to the challenges of the day.


In my opinion, the NYSC programme was instituted for a good purpose,but like most vision, it has to be reviewed regularly lest it loses its essence and becomes a waste of time like most people believe.

I have reviewed the past year and I am grateful that it's over.  
Will I like another chance to do this again? NO!
Will i miss being a corper? NO!

It's Hasta la vista for good dear Khaki! 
I'll be glad to see you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too