Tuesday 5 August 2014

Are your wears really shrinking?

As I got ready for work this morning, I sadly realised that my clothes were shrinking ; at least that's how I chose to see it. God forbid that I admit that I was adding weight, even though the scales tell me so. 
Abi, how do you explain changing at least twice while dressing up on more than one occasion in a week? 
It has to be the clothes and not me!


After indulging myself in this deluded belief, I gave myself a kick and accepted the fact that I have indeed added extra kilos. And even though I could cook up all sorts of justification ( like I've had the clothes for more than 3 years bla bla bla), the reality is that it's me gaining weight and not my clothes shrinking. 

How often have I tried to argue my responsibilities away, trying to shift the blame on someone else, something else or some past experiences.

I'm not alone am I? I am not the only one in this world that tries to shift blames and responsibilities right?
I mean, think deep, you must have done it once or twice before!  
You probably are doing it now too!



How often do we blame GEJ for enhancing corruption while we turn a blind eye to the little foxes in our own vineyard?
Or blame the other driver for suddenly applying the breaks while you were distracted by a call? Or blame the traffic congestion while you didn't leave home early enough.

Take the two major political parties in the country for instance! It seems to me that they both love the media and banter of words! PDP blames APC for Boko Haram insurgency, APC blames PDP for militarising Ekiti state, hence their loss in the gubernatorial elections, bla bla bla and the cycle continues! 
( Stay tuned for more of their theatrics after this weekend's guber in Osun state.) 


 NMA blames JOHESU, State Government blames Federal government, Boss blames employee, dog blames cat, eyes blame legs and the blame game goes on!

Reality beckons! Take responsibility for what your actions/ inactions have caused and make amends! 

I am hitting the gym soon *yimu*, I love my clothes and I am not ready to change my wardrobe yet (as if my meagre corper allowance would permit such), so a healthy weight loss regimen shall be formulated *winks* to keep the excess carbs away! 

Whatever amends you have to make, take full responsibility and make those amends! I hope that sometime in the future, we would have a ruling party and opposition that operate above the spinal level of blame-sharing and function in the cerebral level of being responsible! 




Stay healthy guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too