Friday 19 June 2015

365 days plus 3!

It has to be Love


As I defied the rain and waded in dirty muddy waters from the Mpape slum, I asked myself what I was really doing.
It had to be love. That's the only explanation for this action.
After being coated in dust from the sand storm and drenched in rain from the showers that followed suit; after standing, freezing at the bus stop as the heavens let down her drops and drops of rain, I went back home to dry my dreadlocks  and change my wet clothes. 
And then headed out!  Again!
And oops I left my umbrella at home. So the drizzle after the storm found solace in me.
'Is this job really worth this?' I asked myself. Do my patients deserve this sacrifice? Should I be doing so much ( especially since I haven't been paid in the last 3 months)? Won't my patients survive in my absence? 
Will there be Chaos if I don't show up at work today? 
And I realised that even though I had not been paid for 3 months and even though there were other health workers that could attend to the patients, I did all I did cause I love what I do! 
I love my Job. I love being a medical doctor. I love saving lives, informing people, enlightening them, comforting them, making them feel better.
It has to be love for what I do.
 Cause otherwise, it doesn't make sense to go through all I went through today just to get to a job where my employers love to hold back what's rightfully mine. 



Exactly 368 days ago, I started publishing my musings and rants on this blog!
And this was my first official post! 
It's a year already and a lot has changed.

I'm back in my Lasgidi that I so love doing what I love to do and discovering more things about myself. 

I rant less now, and thus I publish less on the blog. But all that's about to change. 
In the place of ranting and venting and reacting i'll be sharing what I keep discovering as I take on the world. 

You'll be shocked at what lies out there free of charge that we do not know about and hence never utilise or under utilise! 

I am excited that B8's Soliloquies is a year! 
I am more excited about the coming posts!  


Bolu and Toba, your sabbatical break as my editor is over!  Get ready to do some more editing!  

Thank you guys for your comments and nice words!

Let's do this more often!

1 comment:

  1. Its exciting to have u back on this. Pls, do ur best to keep doing what u love best - at least / even on a weekly basis. consistency with what u love most is the only express route to fulfillment. I've been blessed & inspired with ur lines. "Let us not be weary in doing good..." God Bless us! For visionClub

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too