Friday 3 April 2015

The Real Change

 I was more apprehensive over the past few days,than I had ever been in my entire life! Not even when I was awaiting the release of our Final MB in Medical School did I feel so much tension! 
It was a different experience and I am glad I was part of the whole process!

We all agree that this is the dawn of a new Nigeria. I don't need to reiterate the point that various bloggers and commentators have made very obvious to the public.





While we celebrate the advent of a New Nation with such high expectations about the leadership of General Buhari and Prof Osibajo, I would like to take us down a different trail.

We have clamoured for change, we have voted for change, and in less than 2 months, the change we asked for will be institutionalised.

But have we ever asked what CHANGE really means?
Are we ready for what is about to befall this nation?

I wonder if a people so used to indiscipline and anarchy will embrace discipline and order just like that.
I wonder if  has sunk into the subconscious of the average Nigerian what change really means.





Change means discipline,
Change means obeying laws, rules and regulations,
Change means staying on queues,
Change means proper disposal of waste,

Change means not urinating in inappropriate places,
Change means not cutting corners,
Change means getting employed based on your performance and not on who you know,
Change means respecting constituted authority,
Change means proper handling of the Naira,
Change means an end to money laundering,
Change means accepting responsibility,

Change means a lot more than I have listed, and by now you should have realised that it's not the General that will keep us on queues or help me dispose waste properly; it's our job.
We are the change that we have clamoured for!
It begins with you and I.







We must be ready to be the change that we want to see.
I believe in the General's ability to lead us on this path, but we must be willing to co-operate with him and be followers that are ready to embrace change.

We have started the process, we must sustain this process and together, build the Nigeria of our dreams:
A Nigeria where fools will no longer become celebrities nor crooks be rewarded with fame;
A Nigeria where the King will reign in Righteousness, and the rulers rule with justice.
A Nigeria that will be exalted by our right actions!
God bless Nigeria



Sidenote:
What does Change mean to you?
I would like to know, please type it as a comment. 
Thank you

1 comment:

  1. Nice one, Doc. Keep it up.
    The change we seek is locked within us. We are the change we seek.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too