Tuesday 17 February 2015

No Failures, only Feedbacks



One of the toughest tasks I have embarked upon is trying to understand an average Nigerian Politician. 

I have often discredited majority of them because they have proven times without number that they are only interested in their own affairs and nothing more. 

A few bags of rice here and there, several rendezvous of lies and promises that we all know can be summarized as " story for the gods", hysteric moments of jubilation and display of eloquence ( by the few gifted ones) and anything acceptable to gain them the votes of the people.

It is amazing how they never give up! I mean our politicians keep cross carpeting like a mother changes her child's diaper!
This particularly infuriates me, but in my fury, I have learnt a lesson.

Our Politicians have exemplified the statement' there are no failures, only feedbacks'


Take General Muhammad Buhari for instance; he has tried several times to win the trust and the votes of the electorates and has failed every time he tried.
I hear a lot of people commenting and asking questions like" haba, na only him? Wetin he dey look for Sef? He no dey tire?"
Folks, truly successful men no dey tire o! 
And it seems his persistence might pay off this time, because he is giving GEJ and the PDP a good run for their power.

Thomas Edison ( the guru that we all have to thank for the electric bulb and many more inventions that have made telecommunication possible today) said that " I have not failed, I have only found 10,000 ways that won't work!"; Michael Jordan said " I failed over and over again in Life and that is why I succeeded "



I could keep on quoting world famous successful men, but I know that you also have a story of persistence that eventually paid off. 

Here's the gist, when we view our results as failures, we become discouraged to try again; if however we see our results as feedbacks, we'll pick the lessons and be eager to give it another try some other way.

The fear of failing has cost a lot of us our victories, a lot of dreams have remained dreams because we dread the pangs of failure.



I see no failures henceforth, only feedbacks. 
If at first You try and do not succeed, I'll advise that you dust it off, pick the valuable lessons and keep trying. 

Winston Churchill said that Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm . 

So like our Nigerian Politicians, may we never give up, like GMB, may we learn lessons from our feedbacks and may we always do what we are afraid to do!







3 comments:

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too