Thursday 8 January 2015

#JeSuisCharlie

Bonne annee folks 

You'd wonder what's with the sudden affection for the french language in my first post of the year, right?
Well, na so we see am.

Up until yesterday, the only interest I had in France was for tourism and maybe their famous cuisine.
But yesterday increased my interest.


For those that do not know yet, there was a terrorist attack on the office of a french Magazine - Charlie Hebdo that resulted in the death of 12 people yesterday . 
Prior to this attack, I wasn't aware of the existence of this satirical magazine. 

However, thanks to these extremists, the whole world knows about them and the hash tag #JeSuisCharlie has gone viral! 


People have died, lives have been lost, but the pen will remain! 
Bombs will blast, guns will be shot, but the pen will always be stronger than the sword.

History has taught that the harder you try to silence a people, the more resounding the voices become! 
Let the cowards beware, cause the blood they have shed will become the indelible ink upon the sheets of our heart.
Our voices will be heard, our inks will not fade, our fingers will keep typing, our brushes will keep painting till our message is heard.


I stand for peace, I stand for tolerance, I stand for freedom of expression.
I may not like what you have to say, but I support the fact that you can say it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog. Please share your views and opinions too